Be Proactive is recruiting mentors for our Art In Action program, a group mentoring model for teens ages 12-17 that uses the arts to help keep them on track and build their life skills. This program is open to male and female students, and mentors are needed to help coach youth during workshops and provide follow-up to reinforce the concepts taught during our workshops.
MENTOR PROCESS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Complete a Mentor Application. Please click here to apply online.
2. Attend Be Proactive’s New Mentor Orientation.
3. Pass a volunteer background check.
4. As their schedule permits, mentors are asked to help coach youth in group settings during the Art In Action workshops. As they do so, mentors will be matched up with a student to help keep him/her on track and to reinforce the concepts taught over the summer. Be Proactive asks mentors to meet with their student at least one hour each week.
5. Keep the Be Proactive staff informed of your progress, as well as any challenges that may arise during the mentoring relationship. Mentors have the ability to upload their progress notes using Be Proactive's mentor tracking software.
Before being matched with a student or leading/assisting with workshops, potential mentors must complete training and satisfactorily pass the volunteer background check. Mentoring can begin once these steps are completed.